This is where we share resources and information about health, safety and wellbeing to support our workers and suppliers to ensure that everyone gets home safe and well. See 'Home Safe and Well - Our approach to heath, safety and wellbeing'.
We need your input too and want you to share your experiences with us, providing examples of best practice and lessons learned. This information will help us to create a bank of knowledge and experience that can be shared across our supplier community to improve health safety and wellbeing for all.
Our corporate Home Safe and Well aim is:
“No one should be harmed when travelling or working on the strategic road network"
You'll find a wide range of information to help you to stay up to date with the latest advice, ideas and initiatives, including National Highways Health and Safety Alerts.
Highways Accident Reporting Tool is now live!
Over the last few months we have been progressing with the implementation of our new health, safety and wellbeing reporting system. We are pleased to confirm that the Highways Accident Reporting Tool is now live.
This article gives further information and supporting guidance documents for use by our supply chains.
Use the safety moment generator to create a topic for your discussion on health and safety, and give us your safety moment ideas.Create safety moment
An archive of all our case studies:
- A63 Pedestrian management - March 2022 (PDF)
- A63 Castle Street - working platform awareness - March 2022 (PDF)
- NH Passport - March 2022 (PDF)
- Working platform safety - March 2022 (PDF)
- Binny Bin - February 2022 (PDF)
- Permit to dig monitoring - February 2022 (PDF)
- Red cards - December 2021 (PDF)
- A64 – GIS feasibility - December 2021 (PDF)
- Event investigation - December 2021 (PDF)
- Safety in design - October 2021 (PDF)
- Utility damage prevention - July 2021 (PDF)
- Roller brake failure - June 2021 (PDF)
- Overturned tipper wagon – October 2020 (PDF)