We want to reach out to a wider innovation network in academia, industry, infrastructure and civil engineering
Together we can can provide better results for road users and the public through research, innovation and standardisation.
Through our networks, we:
- undertake research, development and technology projects through partnerships with leading British universities
- work with innovation enablers such as Innovate UK and Connected Places Catapult
- help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups to develop new solutions
- share ideas with other infrastructure operators and support national programmes
- collaborate with wider industry to find improved ways of working
- support innovation in our supply chain, particularly developing and implementing new solutions.
- work closely with Government to ensure alignment to wider strategies and challenges
Our innovation partners
We are an i3P client partner and member of its Strategy Forum and Delivery Leadership groups.
Through these groups, we help steer innovation investment to address the major challenges faced across the infrastructure industry.
Through our formal partnership with EPSRC, we invest in research and postgraduate training to address challenges the organisation and the UK are facing
Connected Places Catapults helps us to identify, design and deliver innovations and research projects. We use its SME network to explore new cutting edge technologies and ideas from a range of industries.
We have representation on both CEDR Governing and Executive Boards, along with our extensive collaboration in CEDR working groups and transnational research programmes.