Your summer travel plans for the South East
17 Aug 2023
Whether it’s a staycation in Sussex, a ferry to France or a day trip to the south coast, we’ve got your summer travel plans covered.
Share this article
There’s so much to see and do in the region, which hosts many events throughout the summer. We’ve listed the highlights below which as well as attending, you may wish to incorporate into your travel plans:
- Saturday 12 August – Football Premier League begins. With teams such as Brighton and Southampton, expect traffic in the area of home game days
- Friday 25 – Sunday 27 August – CarFest South (come and meet our Traffic Officers!)
- Friday 25 – Sunday 27 August – Reading Festival
- Friday 25 – Sunday 27 August – Victorious Festival Portsmouth
- Friday 8 September – Rugby World Cup begins in France with matches every weekend until 28 October. Traffic for ports is likely to be busy
- Friday 15 – Sunday 17 September – Whitstable Rocks Oyster Festival
Fancy a £500 voucher for a stay at a National Trust cottage? We’re celebrating 100 years of A-roads by giving away six chances to win just that, and all you’ve got to do is tell us about your summer road trip or staycation.
Check out all the details, including how to enter here https://nationalhighways.co.uk/about-us/a-roads-to-summer-competition/
Finally, we want everyone to have the safest possible trip wherever you go this summer. Take a look at our advice for a smooth and stress-free journey, and remember: