Noise Insulation Scheme - privacy notice
This privacy notice sits beneath our top level privacy notice and provides information about how personal data is used in relation to our Noise Insulation Scheme.
What personal data do we collect and handle?
Information we may collect includes:
- Email address
- Postal address (including postcode)
Please note that the information we process on you will always be proportionate and only used in support for the purpose specified.
What do we use the data for?
To answer queries on eligibility for the Noise Insulation Scheme.
How long will we keep the data?
Where will the data be stored?
In a Sharepoint list on National Highways Ltd IT systems.
What legally allows us to collect and handle information about you?
Under the Road Improvement Strategy(s) monitored by the Office of Rail and Road, National Highways has a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to reduce noise pollution. The Noise Insulation Scheme contributes to that KPI. Therefore the legal basis for processing this personal data is Article 6.1(e) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation – “processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller”.
Who do we share your data with?
Data is shared:
- with our contractor, Evander Glazing & Locks Ltd
- with National Highways Part 1 claims team
- on request with HS2, airports and other organisations that carry out noise reduction/mitigation schemes or organisations that provide compensation for noise at properties that are part of our scheme
What rights do you have?
You have the right:
- to be informed as to what we are using your personal data for
- to access your personal data
- to rectify your personal data
- to restrict our processing of your personal data
- to erasure
You can email our Data Protection Officer if you have any queries about your data.