A38 Fradley to Barton combined work
We’re carrying out essential maintenance and repair work on the A38 between Fradley and Barton. Our work will include resurfacing, vegetation clearance, renewal of safety barriers, drainage systems, street lighting and road markings.
We’ll be carrying out essential maintenance work on the A38 between Fradley and Barton. Our work will include targeted resurfacing, vegetation clearance, renewal of safety barriers, drainage systems, street lighting and road markings.
The completed work will provide a smoother, quieter road surface, better drainage and an overall safer road. This work is part of National Highways continuing investment in the strategic road network within Staffordshire.
Benefits of this scheme include:
- Safer roads for motorists, cyclists, pedestrians, and equestrians.
- Better drainage which will ensure safer driving conditions at all times.
- Sections of newly resurfaced road which will provide a better running surface, whilst helping to reduce noise levels to those living in close proximity.
- Upgraded safety barriers, ensuring we continue to provide a safer road for motorists and local residents.
To help further, we’re also
- Planting low lying sedum in the central reservation between Rykneld Street/Burton Road and the A38 northbound, reducing the need for grass cutting and additional traffic management at this location.
- Replacing the cabling for street lighting will help to prevent any faults or outages. This will also help to maintain a well-lit area and provide a safe throughfare.
- Working closely with the Local Authority to litter pick and sweep channel lines within the zone of the works