Site compound construction at Black Cat Quarry
31 Jul 2023
What are we doing in the south east area of the Black Cat roundabout?
Share this article
What is happening at the Black Cat Quarry?
As part of our improvements scheme, we are setting up our site compound in the south east area of the Black Cat roundabout. This will be the satellite base for the teams constructing the new Black Cat junction.
Work begins here from 31 July 2023 and will continue until the end of year. Although we have developed and scheduled an order of works specific to these activities our programme of work may change due to circumstances out of our control.
Our working hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm and on Saturdays between 7am and 1pm, when required. Work includes:
- Installation of temporary heras fencing and earth bunds to some parts of the site
- Welfare unit installation
- A new site entrance and exit using the existing arm of the roundabout
- There will be removal of soil to build a new access road
- Minimal low-level grass cutting will be carried out to make room for the foundation to be set
- Earthworks to prepare the ground for the temporary compound, to be restored at the end of the project to its current condition
- Installation of drainage, power, and communications
- Hardstanding construction and asphalt surfacing
- Installation of single-story temporary buildings
A protected tree nearby will not be removed during the site compound set up.
Our main site offices off St Neots Bypass (A428) remain operational throughout the scheme.