Planned Engineering Works - privacy notice
This privacy notice sits beneath our top level privacy notice and provides information about how personal data is used in relation to the Planned Engineering Works (PEW) system.
What personal data do we collect and handle?
Information we may collect includes
- work email
- work phone number
Please note that the information we process on you will always be proportionate and only used in support for the purpose specified below.
What do we use the data for?
All engineering works carried out on the Strategic Road Network for National Highways are included on the PEW, which:
- allows us to register new incidents of engineering works
- lets other users see who to contact to synchronise works in a more efficient manner
- allows the National Roads Telecommunications Service (NRTS) to approve works
How long will we keep the personal data?
The personal data will be kept for as long as the individual is working on National Highways schemes.
Where will the personal data be stored?
Data will be hosted between ServiceNow and Microsoft Exchange.
What legally allows us to collect and handle information about you?
The legal basis for processing the personal data is Article 6.1(e) of the UKGDPR:
“Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.”
Who do we share your personal data with?
Data can be seen by all the users of the system to allow works to be synchronised.
What rights do you have?
You have the right
- to be informed as to what we are using your personal data for
- to access your personal data
- to rectify your personal data
- to restrict our processing of your personal data
- to erasure
You can email our Data Protection Officer if you have any queries about your data.