New consultation launches this week
The local refinement consultation will run from Thursday 12 May to 20 June 2022
09 May 2022
Share this article
This Thursday (12 May) we are launching a new consultation on some localised changes to the project before we submit our Development Consent Order application later this year.
The proposed changes include:
- changes to the design of Tilbury Fields (a new public park on the north bank of the Thames) to make space for the planned Thames Freeport
- more public open space to the east of the tunnel entrance in Kent, connected to Chalk Park – the proposed new public park overlooking the Thames
- replacing an existing slip road with a new link from the Orsett Cock roundabout to the A1089 to reduce traffic impacts on some local roads
- a new footbridge over the A127 and further improvements for walkers, cyclists and horse riders including better bridleway connections around the A2 junction and the A226
- further improvements to our landscaping proposals
- further refinement of utility works to enable the project to be built
- refinements to the Order Limits, the land needed to build and operate the new road, as a result of proposed changes
- additional environmental compensation and mitigation
All information will be available on our dedicated consultation website from 00.01 on Thursday 12 May.
Why are we consulting?
The local refinement consultation is taking place to share a number of updates made to the project based on feedback from the extensive community impacts consultation in 2021, ongoing stakeholder engagement and technical surveys.
You can read more about the feedback received from the community impacts consultation in our Response to Community Impacts Consultation document.
It includes visualisations of the results for all the questions that were asked and how we responded to the most common pieces of feedback.
We also explain some of the minor refinements we are taking forward in response to ongoing engagement with landowners and others with an interest in land. A further document providing more detail about these, and other minor changes will be available online from Thursday 12 May.
How to find out more
We are providing a range of ways to access information. We are also providing a range of ways to access information, including:
- A dedicated consultation website
- Information videos
- A telephone call back service so you can speak to a member of the team
- Consultation materials available to collect from deposit locations and information points
- Plans to hold a series of in-person events at locations along the proposed route
- Order consultation materials
Kent and Gravesham
- Fri 20 May, 2pm-8pm: Cascades Leisure Centre, Thong Ln, Gravesend, DA12 4LG
- Mon 23 May, 2pm-8pm: Village Hotel – Maidstone, Castle View, Forstal Road, Kent, Maidstone, ME14 3AQ
- Thurs 9 June, 2pm-8pm: Bridgewood Manor Hotel, Near Bluebell Hill, Walderslade Woods, Chatham, ME5 9AX
- Fri 10 June, 2pm-8pm: Shorne Village Hall, 16 The Street, Shorne, DA12 3EA
- Cuxton Library, Bush Rd, Cuxton, Rochester, ME2 1EY
- Gravesend Library, Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1BE
- Maidstone Library, Kent History & Library Centre, James Whatman Way, Maidstone, ME14 1LQ
- Snodland Library, 15-17 High Street, Snodland, ME6 5DA
- Coldharbour Library, Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8AE
- Dartford Library, Central Park, Market Street, Dartford, DA1 1EU
- Higham Library, Villa Road, Higham, Rochester, ME3 7BS
- Larkfield Library, Martin Square, Aylesford, ME20 6QW
- Meopham Library, Wrotham Road, Meopham, Gravesend, DA13 0AH
- Riverview Park Library, The Alma, Leander Drive, Gravesend, DA12 4NG
- Shorne Woods Visitor Centre, Gravesend, DA12 3HX
- Strood Library, 133 High St, Strood, Rochester, ME2 4TJ
Thurrock, Essex and Havering
- Thurs 19 May, 2pm-8pm: The Civic Hall, Blackshots Lane, Grays, RM16 2JU
- Fri 27 May, 2pm-8pm: North Street Hall, 24 North Street, Hornchurch, RM11 1QX
- Mon 6 June, 2pm-8pm: East Thurrock Community Association, 77 Corringham Road, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 0NU
- Tues 7 June, 2pm-8pm: Tilbury Community Association, Civic Square, Tilbury, RM18 8AA
- Mon 13 June, 2pm-8pm: Orsett Hall Hotel, Prince Charles Avenue, Orsett, RM16 3HS
- Brentwood Library, New Road, Brentwood, CM14 4BP
- Chadwell Library, Brentwood Road, Chadwell St Mary, Grays, RM16 4JP
- Grays Library, Thameside Complex, Orsett Road, Grays, RM17 5DX
- Romford Central Library, St Edwards Way, Romford, RM1 3AR
- Belhus Library, South Ockendon Centre, Derry Avenue, South Ockendon, RM15 5DX
- Corringham Library, St Johns Way, Corringham, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 7LJ
- East Tilbury Library, Princess Avenue, East Tilbury, RM18 8ST
- Harold Hill Library, 19a Farnham Road, Romford, RM3 8ED
- Stanford-le-Hope Library, High Street, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 0HG
- Tilbury Library, Tilbury Hub, Civic Square, Tilbury, RM18 8AD
- Upminster Library, 26 Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, RM14 2BB
When the consultation closes, we will take some time to consider your feedback before we submit an application for a Development Consent Order later this year.